I have been thinking a lot lately about how fast time is going
and all the blessings that we have received over the past year so I thought I would do a "blast from the past blog". 2007 started out just like all the other years for us except that Alec started a new job in Teton Valley (Idaho), we bought our first home, and we bought a dog (the cutest dog you have ever seen).



Life was going great but a few things changed and we decided that California was were we needed to be. I applied for dental hygiene school and was blessed to get into the next class starting in April. This was so great for us, but at the same time we were loving our little small town life near the good old Tetons! This just felt right so we put our condo up for sale, sold our cute little dog, and Alec found a new job in commercial real estate in the bay area.
Now almost a year has gone by. I am 4 months from graduation, and Alec is doing well in real estate. It is just crazy how time flies and how blessed we have been the past year!
Here are a few of my favorite memories of 2007 to 2008........



1. Spending time with family. Living near Alec's family has been great. We have been able to get to know them so much better. It has been so fun. We will be so sad when Eryn, Scott, and the girly's leave us for Chicago. It has been nice as well because with every break that I have we are able to head to Utah and sometimes stay for as long as 4 weeks with my family.

2. Tahoe in the summer. Alec and I finally made it up to Tahoe at the end of the summer. It was such a fun trip. I look forward to going this summer. I can't believe that the summer is already here


3. Big Basin Camping. So over memorial weekend last year we decided to go to Big Basin. I don't know exactly what we were thinking, since we did not have a reservation. But we are more spur of the moment type people so we just gave it a shot. We got there and there was no campground to be found so we ended up having to pull over he side of the rode and pitch our tent. It was fun, but the funniest part is that we picked a spot that was apparently infested with poison oak because Alec came home with a rather large reaction to it.:) Next time we will hopefully make a reservation!:)

4. My dad coming to S.F. for a night. My dad came to S.F. for work one night and we were lucky enough to get to see him on his really! short trip.
5. and of course mountain biking.
We have many more good memories from 2007 but these are just a few. We are looking forward to the rest of 2008 and can't believe that it is already April. We hope that everyone has had a good 2008 so far!
5 comments:
Emily, it is fun to hear about your last year...I didn't know a lot of those things! Also, I am a P90X fan too! I do the Ab Ripper a few times a week. The guy is so cheesy and lame but what a workout! I am seriously surprised I don't have a six pack yet. The few times that I actually did the legs one, I couldn't walk for days! I love it!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.
It's fun to hear what your year has been like! I especially like the part about camping on the side of the road. I need to get your email address so I can add you to our blog b/c we just went private.
i love all of these pictures!
Emi. I love the house and the dog!! Thanks for letting me know about the shower. I'll be there. Do you know if Kristina still needs anything else. I hate to buy something she'll just have to take back.
Post a Comment