7.11.2008

I PASSED!!!!!

One step down to finally becoming an RDH!!!! I am so excited and relieved to say that I passed my WREB (regional board) for dental hygiene. It is such a relief. I decided to take this sort of "extra test" in March and was wondering what the heck I was thinking when i went to take it in June in Pocatello. The regional board allows you to basically practice in all the western states, oh yes, and most of the other states in the U.S., except............ California. Don't ask... it really makes me mad!!!:) Anyways, I decided to take this so i would be licensed in Utah and Idaho, in case, just in case we move back sometime. With this test you have to take a patient and basically clean apart of there mouth and get graded on it. I know, no problem right. Well, this is not just any mouth, this is someone who has never been to the dentist. Well, I found my patient after a long process and then flew her down there. It was quit an ordeal. I had to take a Local Anesthesia test the first day. Oh my gosh, can you say stressful. It was a written followed by a practical. Lets just say Ash and my Mom were great sports and great supports as they, #1 were my patient (my mom for the injection part, which means that she did not need bad teeth, my mom has really good teeth, she was just nice enough to let me give her an injection for my test), and #2 watch as all the girls were coming out stressed and either excited or in tears. It was a crazy day and one that I am so thankful I don't have to re-live. Then the next day I had the test that I needed the patient for. Wow, another stressful day. After it was over, I was so excited to wanted to run around screaming, but not as excited as I was when I opened the letter saying that I passed. And let me tell you, I am excited I passed everyone I swear at school and everywhere somehow found out i was taking it, and so I would have hated to tell everyone that I did not pass. Agghh! Well, my next test is on Tues. It is an 8 hour written National board, which California does except, amazingly enough:). Wish me luck!:)

8 comments:

The Caldwells said...

Congrats Em!!! that is awesome. good luck with your test on tuesday, i'm sure you'll do fabulous!

Kellie Black and Boys said...

Yay!! Congrats! Did Alec tell you that before I married Skyler and was dragged to Las Vegas I wanted to do dental hygiene? Then came little Ethan, and #2 is on the way--but I still am thinking about getting into it! I may need to pick your brain sometime! :-)

The Caldwells said...

em - i hope your test went well today. i'm sure you did fabulous!

Jordan Frazier said...

Good Job Em! That is awesome, it sounds like so much work:)

Zach said...

I know I am reading this way late, bute... Congrats Emi! Hard work paid off.

Bethany said...

EMILY! That is so great. Congrats! I hope you're well. I feel terrible that we never saw each other. It's crazy that life gets so busy and time just flies!! Will you be in Utah during Christmas?

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!!! No more studying, YAY!!

Lauren Carter said...

Congrats Em! That's awesome! Let's chat soon!

Love ya!