8.19.2008

The first annual Jim Everton family reunion


This past week my family came up to the coast to spend the week with Alec and I. They came up for my graduation, but we turned it into our first annual family reunion. We rented a beach house on a beautiful beach in Aptos,CA. Oh my gosh, it was so awesome! There were dolphins and whales out there everyday. It was amazing. Here are a few pictures from our week....

Here is Ash and Annie roasting marshmallows on the beach. Steve was very innovative and got some kabob sticks for our marshmallows. They worked out great and the s'mores were really yummy!!!
Here we are just hanging out at the beach. It looks like it is snowing, but that was just the mist.

We went boogie boarding on Monday. It was super fun, but I swear we almost died a few times. Those waves got really big and we are not professional boogie boards:). I swear we were going to end up drinking the ocean before leaving... yuck!!!:)
Here is cute Nate ready for his first day at the beach! So cute in his swim suit.
This is the beach we stayed at. It was absolutely gorgeous. There were a lot of dogs though!!!:)
Here is Krissy and Steve cleaning up after there yummy dinner they made. They are great cooks. We were happy that the roast turned out after my long, accidental "road trip" down the coast to where 20 minutes turned into more like 3 hours. I am still sorry guys!:)
Here my mom and I are at ghirardelli square in S.F. We had to go there so Ash could get her many pieces of free chocolate. I hope it was yummy Ash.:)
So we all wanted to try surfing. So we ventured out together. It was a lot of fun, but I think that Hawaii would be a better place to learn vs. the shark infested, cold water of Santa Cruz. It was a blast though. I was amazed at Ashley's balance on that board........
Here is Steve and my dad trying to catch a wave.

We had such a blast hanging out at the beach, going to the boardwalk and riding the best rollarcoaster ever and just hanging out as a family. We are excited for next year when Mikey will be here. Thanks for coming family!! We had such a blast and appreciate all you do for us!! Love you guys!!!

1 comment:

eryn said...

So much fun!!! I hate that we're not there with you. You guys rock!