6.19.2011

Ran, Drove, did not Sleep, and did Repeat

In the middle of the night on Friday, we were all wondering what in the heck we had gotten ourselves into, but we did it again.  We conquered the 190 mile course.... and for the most part
we had fun doing it.  Team Huge Mistake was at it again, and after last year swearing that we were all going to train, we hit the trail again, living up to our name "Huge Mistake".  Again we have all sworn we are going to train next year.... we shall see:).
We were in Van 2, the best van (some might disagree, I guess Van 1 gets to sleep through the night).  

Here is Mike and Ash before our first legs started on Friday morning.  


 So my second leg was a 7 mile night run.  I love the night runs, they are my favorite.  Alec was running on a trail for his 8 miler and ended up turning off his head lamp (don't tell the official Ragnar peeps), and just ran with the moon light.  That is what makes you want to do this crazy run again.
Anyways after my run, I was runner 12 so the other van is who I would pass off too, well that van did not quite make it to the right exchange.  So I was waiting for a little over a half hour and might I say it was cold.  This nice girl who was also waiting for her runner let me share her blanket, thank goodness, I was shivering for the next hour I was so cold.

Here is Mike and Ash after their last runs.  Lucky ducks, Alec and I still had our last ones to do, so we were just not as happy as them:).  Alec was gearing up for "Ragnar" (this crazy hill that a lot of people just walk because you can walk it faster than run it, and I was about to throw up thinking about even attempting my last 7.2 miler (originally was supposed to be like 5).


Here is Mike offering up his support while Alec was running the "Ragnar" hill.  Where is your flag Mike, our safety officer would be so upset:).

Goofing off on the hill..... crazy boy!:)


Really in June????

So my knee was killing me after my second leg.  I spent our break putting heat on it then ice, but nothing seemed to be working, so the thought of doing my last 7 miler was awful.  Well, my sweet husband decided he would run my last one with me (don't mind he just ran the hardest leg of the entire race), which I was so happy about.  I shed tears while running it as my good knee decided to seize up (yes this is where the training would have helped, 22 miles and not training, tends to send your body into "your an idiot mode"), but if Alec would have not been with me I would have just been a crazy person bawling on the side of the road.  With Alec there I at least kept it together and just kept going.

Well, we did it, sore knees and super tired, but we are all ready to conquer RedRock again this year!  Mike and Ash were in our van this year and it was so fun.  They are stinking awesome runners and it was so fun to have them with us.  Seeing them running there legs like they were no biggie was really fun.

1 comment:

dani said...

good job, guys! you all rock!