Our trip to Capital Reef started a little later than we had planned. Alec and I put in our lawn on Friday, so we did not get out of here until early Saturday morning.
We got to Torrey just in time for the girls to jump out and go to the float that Shane did again for the kids for the Torrey 4th of July Parade. They did awesome. I am bummed I did not get any pictures of the girls dancing and throwing candy.
After the parade we headed over for the 4th of July BBQ with the egg toss:), and then the boys got ready to go biking. I was so bummed I could not go this year. I had a head cold, and last time I went biking with a head cold I can think of a lot of words that it was, and fun was not one of them. So I stayed back with the girls. The guys had a blast!
We also went fishing. Ok, so I HATE ants. Like really, really, don't like them. So we get to the lake and get out of the car and start walking to where we thought everybody else was and all of the sudden you look down and there are red ants crawling all over you. I kind of started freaking out and booked it back to the car. We decided to try a different spot. Well, on the way over, the ants were on attack too. I was seriously going to loose it. I just hurried and got in the water where I figured they would not get me. So we ended up having an awesome time fishing, we all just stood in the water, or sat on rocks that were surrounded by water, so the devil red ants would not get us.
After catching a fish, good job Zoe, we all jumped in the water with our clothes on. It was so fun, and it felt so good!

No comments:
Post a Comment