12.07.2013

New York to Cape Cod

The month of November flew by between Moab, North Carolina, and then onto New York.  NYC was a spur of the moment trip and one that I won't forget.  It was a blast to spend that time with Alec and Crew.  We flew out on a red eye and arrived in New York at 6 am.  We couldn't check into our hotel until 4 so we dropped our bags off and then started our adventure of walking New York City. 

We started by going to the Empire State Building.  I have a kind of obsession with getting to the top of buildings or towers and getting awesome views of the city we are in.  I love to climb towers to get better views, so I thought going to the top of the empire state building would get me that view I love (well and because of movies like Sleepless in Seattle, I just couldn't pass it up).  It was an amazing view and one I'm glad I saw, I just wouldn't do it again for what they charge you to go up the elevator.  






We then started walking to Central Park and went to Grand Central Terminal on our way.  What an awesome place!  


 We then walked around Central Park and ate Deli Sandwiches.  



Our hotel finally called us at about 2 and said we could come and check in early.  We were all glad to get to the hotel and get showered and Crew was happy just to lay down and eat his feet:).
   

For dinner we grabbed Mexican at Blockheads.  BEST, BEST food!  Not only was it amazing, the service was fantastic, and it was cheap for a sit down Mexican restaurant.  We then had to hit shake shack for an amazing shake (we hit the shake shack a few times:)).


Our hotel was fantastic!  This was our view of the empire state building.  I loved the different colors it would turn at night!


The next day we decided to head over to Highline Park.  So glad we did.  One of the coolest things in the city!  We spent quite awhile just walking it and new we had to come back before our trip was over.  




 I don't know how many times we saw a bakery and decided we needed a treat:).  

We then went over to Chelsea market and the West Village.  I loved it so much!  Such charm and an awesome vibe!

Then it was off to the 9-11 memorial.  We walked through the church across the street and then went into the memorial.  I'm looking forward to going back when the museum is finished.  They have done an amazing job so far with the fountains.  





I was hoping to see a Bansky while there, so when we walked past this I was so excited.  It was a total random street too!  

I wanted to see the statue of liberty, but I didn't want to pay to do it, so we took the free Staten island ferry.  So glad we did.  So fun and such an awesome view of the city!




 The next day we decided to go walk down by the water before meeting our friends for lunch. 


Alec and Scotty on the scooter!  Seriously one of the funniest scenes!


Our hotel was right in Times Square.  Its cool and all, but I sure didn't need to walk that street more than once.  We tried to avoid that street and just take the side streets to our hotel.  I could not believe the people.

Got Crew his first Lego at Rockefeller Center.


The next day we decided instead of walking we would take the subways.  I love public transit!


We then went to the Brooklyn Bridge!  I loved it so much.  It was misty and cloudy.  Couldn't have asked for better weather for just walking.  





 We got lost in China town and Little Italy which was awesome!  Found some delicious hot chocolate!

We then went to Cafe Lalo for dinner.  It was the cafe that Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan met up in You've Got Mail.  It was crowded.  It was yummy though. 


We finished off our trip to NYC walking around Bryant Park one last time.  

The next day we headed up to Long Island for Alec to do some work.  We did stop at the Amnityville Horror house on our drive.  It was a crazy nice house in a super nice area. 

After he worked we headed up to the tip of Long Island to take the ferry over to Connecticut to make our way up to Cape Code.  We had the BEST sea food on this trip!!






Alec had meetings all day while we were in Cape Cod, so we woke up early to grab breakfast and then I dropped him off at his meetings and Crew and I drove around.  We went and saw a lighthouse and then the search was on for me to find yummy sea food.  That I did!  I got the best clam chowder and fresh fish.  


Once Alec was finished with work we decided to drive all the way up to the tip of Cape Cod and see a light house.  Holy moly was it cold!!!  It was beautiful and I'm glad we went but I seriously thought I was going to loose my hands it was that cold.  We were kept arguing who had to push the stroller:). 







 The next day we woke up at about 4 to make our way to Rhode Island to make it to our last and final destination, Chicago.


No comments: