9.30.2007

Fall Fever!



Since it is the last night of September, I will be the first to say I am so excited that it is October!!! October is definitely my favorite month by far. The smell in the air, BYU football, the changing leaves, pumpkin patches, and of course Halloween!! For some reason this year I was just not as excited for fall as I usually am, there were no BYU football games to go to, the leaves just don't seem to change here like they do in Utah and Idaho, and because of school I did not feel like I really had a summer. But tonight as Alec and I were leaving his sisters house, the smell of fall came over me. It smelled so good I even allowed Alec to keep the windows rolled down, we had the heat blasting of course:). It had that crispness in the air that only fall has. This time of year really makes me reflect and look at the beauty of this earth. My dad sent me some pictures tonight of the mountains behind my parents house. It made me very homesick for the fall I new and loved growing up. Because of this reflective attitude I thought I would write about some of my favorite fall memories.
1) the excitement in the air. It always seems like fall is the beginning of a new year. Everybody seems busy and getting ready for new adventures in school and what ever else is going on. It seems like there are a lot of "news" in the fall.
2) Sweatshirt weather. Well, even though Alec thinks that I think that every season is sweatshirt weather, fall is the best. It is so fun to whip out all of the winter clothes and "need" the sweatshirt and the jackets because of that crispness in the air.
3) Leaf crunching. Going around and stepping on the crunchy fall leaves is one of my favorite past times. Alec would be the first to tell you that I act like a five year old when it comes to this. I will try and find the biggest, and best, and crunchiest looking leaf and go over and jump on it.
4) BYU football. My dad raised his kids to be dye hard BYU football fans and that is exactly what he got. We love our cougars and so should everyone else (huh Alec):). I remember being at cougar stadium and it would be raining so hard we would be soaked to the bone and we were loving every minute of it, almost. It was always a treat to go to Brick oven after the games and have the best root beer anywhere! Thanks for putting up with us at the games and watching the games at home, mom and dad!
5) High school tennis. My favorite time in high school was the tennis season. It was so fun to be with the other girls on the team and I loved the competition. It was always interesting how at the beginning of the season we would be playing in unbearable heat, but by the end of the season (about three weeks later) we would be playing in snow and rain. (Ash you know what I am talking about).
6) Halloween. I can't decide if I love Halloween because of the time of year, or because of the holiday decorations and of course Trick-or Treating. I remember going with my cousin Cami, my sister and my dad and trying to hit as many houses as we could and fill our pillowcase with as much candy as possible. My mom and grandma would be at home handing out candy and they would always make the best apple cider. I loved coming home after the cold quest for candy and smelling the apple cider and being so excited to go through my mounds of candy. It was very interesting though how my sister Krissy always ended up with my good candy. She liked to enforce this "candy swap" game and for some reason she always came out on top, with the most and best candy.
7) Meeting Alec. I think the best memory of the fall is meeting Alec. He was tall, dark, and handsome, and he could play tennis, what more could a girl want.:)

Well, there are a few fall memories, I look forward to this fall and all the new fun memories we will make:).

4 comments:

The Caldwells said...

you people need to move back to utah so we can hang out!

Anonymous said...

Too bad we lost that game in horrible fashion - it would have been nice if they pulled off an upset like they did against USC.

Kacie said...

Everton, I miss you, and I am so jealous of you getting to enjoy the fall weather, even though nothing compares to Utah, no no. But at least in CA you get to wear a sweater right now. I'm crying my eyes out here because it still feels like summer in Houston. Hopefully, it will cool down soon.

Chelsie said...

You guys are super cute! I can't believe I have a blog, this is definitely a married person's thing, but I guess since my whole family is basically married now, I've got to keep in touch with them somehow! London is wonderful! I'm traveling to Wales, Paris, the Isle of Man, Scotland, Rome, Florence, Pisa, and Norway! It's a lot to do and my bank account can't wait for me to come back to the States. When is our Everton Christmas party? If I'm home, I'll be there.