This past weekend Alec and I decided to take a last minute trip to Lake Tahoe. We left late Friday afternoon in hopes that we would be able to find a campground. We arrived in Tahoe around 10 and after a few no vacancy signs we finally found a camp site. The weather was beautiful up there!! On Saturday we went on a bike ride and saw many awesome waterfalls. It was a good last minute trip that we were glad we took!

This was taken while we were walking up near Squaw. The water was sure coming down! It was so pretty. We started on the wrong trail and so we ended up having to maneuver through the rocks and white water to get over so we could see the water falls. It was well worth it.


We decided to attempt the flume trail on the Nevada side of Tahoe. It was 5 miles to the top, no problem right........ I about died!!! The elevation was a killer. I really don't like the fact that elevation has an effect on me now. Living in Utah and Idaho I never really had a problem with altitude change, until now. It took us quit a while to make it up the trail.

The snow has not quit melted on the trail. We had to get off our bikes and walk through the snow a lot of the time. This is Alec attempting to ride the snow. After going over his handle bars he started to follow his wise wife and just walk his bike through the snow!:)

This was at the top of the trail. You can see the snow banks behind us. We could have stopped here but Alec wanted me to see the lake that you can kind of see in the back. So we headed down to the lake through the snow and all.

Apparently Alec did not only want us to see the Lake he wanted to swim in the icy lake. It was a painful experience but fun. As you can see the snow all around the lake in this picture.

If you can see my face, you might be able to tell how stinking cold it was in there. I told Alec that was the first and last time that I would jump into that lake:)

This was taken after we jumped in. We were so cold, it was painful. We were not able to do the whole flume trail do to mounds of snow. Maybe next time!!
4 comments:
it looks cold! but, fun!
You wild kids!!!
That looks like tons of fun!
I love that you and Alec haven't changed one bit since I've known you guys. You are always so spontaneous and crazy. You would jump in that freezing lake! I love it!
Post a Comment