So I have decided to do a post every Friday to recap five events or things from the previous week. My cousin Cami does it on her blog and I think it is a great way to keep track of events for a blogs "journal" sake! I am making my blog into a blurb book and thought this is a fun thing to do for the next book!:)
1. I have the best Young Women. They are such fun girls. This week for Young Women's we packed up hygiene kits for kids in the Dominican Republic. A few of the girls really got some great stuff from their school. It was really neat to see them work at serving these kids. We had a fun time packing it all up.
So Alec thought this would be a good idea. After we had everything already in containers, he was like why don't you guys lay down and some people will dump it on you for a picture. Needless to say we did. It was pretty funny. I bet my girls think Alec is a crazy one!:)
Here we all are with all of the kits they collected. They are awesome, now I just have to figure out how to get them to the D.R. 2. Alec and Mike finished painting this week! Wahooo!!! They did a great job. It was a long 10 days for them, but they are done and definitely happy about it!
This is actually a before picture, I did not have the camera with me to take a picture the last day. Bummer.
Mike threw these shoes and pants away after the 10 days were over. If you can't tell the shoes look like they have been through the war and back! The night they finished we headed over to Johnny Carinos for a celebration dinner. It was yummy!!
This is actually a before picture, I did not have the camera with me to take a picture the last day. Bummer.
Mike threw these shoes and pants away after the 10 days were over. If you can't tell the shoes look like they have been through the war and back! The night they finished we headed over to Johnny Carinos for a celebration dinner. It was yummy!!3. We were in mourning on Tuesday when it was finalized that Obama was going to be the next president. Marsha took us out to dinner and ice cream for a mourning dinner (and so we did not have to watch the news anymore). She said this will be the last time we have enough money to go to dinner because of all the taxes the Obama wants to implement. She was pretty funny about it!:)
4. I had my second working interview yesterday. It was super fun and a great office. I am not sure about the job though, because they have had over 100 applicants and my guess is they will go with someone that is not a recent grad. Oh well, I can keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully the job market will pick up miraculously in a week and when I get home their will be a ton of jobs. One can hope!:)
5. We leave for the Dominican Republic today! Wahoo, I am so excited!!
P.S. I will see you in the morning Ash!
3 comments:
Hey Em,
The Dominican? We REALLY need to catch up! It sounds like you're having a blast! We're going to be in Utah from Dec 13-Jan 7th . . . how about you? We'll definitely have to meet up!
Hope you're having a great time in the DR!
Em, I swear every time I look at your blog you are just getting back from a foreign country or heading out to one. What a fun life! I didn't know you were in Young Womens. I just got called like a week ago. Kind of intimidating, but I'm way excited too. You'll have to give me all your great ideas. :)
Post a Comment