8.14.2009

Lake Powell!

Over the week of the 24th we went to Lake Powell with Mike's fam. It was SUPER fun! We stayed on a houseboat at the antelope marnia and it was a total riot. The weather was perfect too!!! Here are a "few" pictures from the trip!
The first night we got there a few of us decided to jump in for a night swim. I was a little scarred of the "man eating" catfish that are supposably at the bottom of the lake! The next day we got out the kayaks and played on them for a bit. We ended up sinking them a few times, thanks to all the kiddy's!!:)


Jumping off the houseboat was a riot! Alec was flipping off the top, I was just happy jumping off feet first! A couple nights while we were there we had "margarita" night. The Pina Colada was my favorite! It was so yummy!



Ok get ready.... so this was my first dive ever! Yep, that is right, I have never attempted a dive before! I am to scarred to go in the water without plugging my noes, so I just have never tried it. So here was my first attempt at one, it kind of ended up being more of a belly flop, but I was happy I did it. The next time I tried it I decided to plug my noes. For all those who don't all ready know, plugging your noes while you dive is not a good idea, it kind of hurts!!!:)
So the next picture is of Alec and Matt doubling on the wakeboard and the knee board. I have to say, I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time time!! All I have to say is the word "FETCH":)
The next picture is Mike with his cute little girls on our day boat ride around Lake Powell. We had such a great time that day just riding in the boat looking at the awesome scenery with the occasional swim because of the soon to be heat stroke we were all feeling!



So these are most of the girly's who came on the trip. They were hilarious!!! The next one is of Shelby and I about to go jump some cliffs. So we learned that they had banned anything above like 15 feet or some to jump. If the "water police" catch you then you apparently get a ticket for like $500. So we decided to all jump quick and then get out of there. So after we all jumped and were headed back to the boat we saw a sheriff pulling out of the Marina. We were all pretty relieved, if we had not left when we did, he would have totally seen us and we would having been paying the big bucks!



The next few pictures were off us just playing on the water. A few of us would get up at like 6 or so to get out on the water while it was still smooth so we could wakeboard. It was a riot!!! The guys were practicing there jumps, while I just practiced getting in and out of the wake. Yep, I finally got in and out of the wake and back in a few times before we left!! What an accomplishment huh!:):)
We then went on a tube ride. Oh my gosh, talk about a blast. We all thought we were going to die, not due to our driver Mike, but we were seriously on ocean like waves. In the tube it looked like we were headed for big tsunamis! Seriously!!! It was such a blast though! We were laughing pretty hard, but I also lost my voice for a bit for screaming so loud!







We had such a blast and we were so thankful that we were able to go with them!! It was so much fun!!

No comments: