9.11.2009

I "heart" Chicago!

Over Labor day weekend, Alec and I went to Chicago. We were sad because this meant that Eryn and the girls were headed back to Chicago, but it was also fun because we were able to go spend some time with them. Alec drove with Eryn starting on Friday and then they picked me and the girls up on Sat. at the airport. It was so fun to have a few days to spend up there with the Giles. It felt like old times hanging out at there apartment, eating Eryn's delicious food, and just going and playing around the city! (even though it is a different city, it still felt like old times!)


Just playing with the girlies! They love to be flipped around and Alec loves to be the flipper so it all works out. I love these pictures though, I think they are awesome!




Do you see the surprise on Alec's face????? Yes, that is because PDA is not my thing, so when I grabbed his face, he was like what the heck.... funny huh!:) Here we all are at Navy pier. What a fun place, I wanted to ride the ferris wheel but the line was like a year long and it was like 6 bucks so we just skipped that one.



When we were at Navy Pier we went and saw like an Asian circus. It was really fun. I could not believe the stuff that they could do.
Here is Alec, Addie, and Taye showing off their circus skills!

Do you like the acrobat"ness" of the Gustafson crew! I am so not flexible, just doing this little jump I thought I tore a muscle! How lame is that!:):)


Just me and the girls on the way to the park! The girls found a dog right here too that they had to get a picture with, it was pretty funny!
Here, we are on the bridge with Navy Pier behind us!


On our walk to the park we saw all of these geese, so for the pictures and for fun the girls and Alec went and chased the birds (I am to afraid of birds to get close to them, let alone chase them!:))


The bean, or whatever the real name is. This place is awesome. I could have entertained myself here for hours if there was not so many people here!
Also we saw this awesome ampitheater! I wish we could have been there for one of there free concerts every week. It was really cool!


We then went and played a bit in the water at Millennium Park. How cool is this place. It was a good thing that it was not to hot, or this place would have been totally over run. It was so fun to play in the water with the girls!




Does not get much cuter than a naked baby, on her daddy's shoulders in the city!!! After playing in the water at Millennium park, Lyvie was to wet so this is how she went back to the car! So cute!

After spending the day exploring the city, we made it the the river. What an awesome river walk. I wanted to go down there, but time didn't allow it. I guess I will have to do that on my next visit!:) I totally want to go over St. Patty's day to see them turn the river green, how cool would that be!

Chicago is such an awesome family friendly, clean city. There were statues everywhere. We did not have enough time to get a picture by all of them, or you know Alec would have made me pose with them all!:)

On Monday, we went and walked around by where Eryn and Scott live. Taye and Adley took us by there school. There school was awesome, it was like a building out of the movies, super old. Then we went and walked around the University of Chicago's campus. I LOVED it! If it was not for the crappy area that the school is in, it would be perfect. It was a really old school, so the buildings all looked like they had grimlins on them. I will be honest because of the old architecture, I don't think I would have walked around the campus by myself at night, it is a bit creepy in that sense!



Before we left Chicago I wanted to try "Chicago Style" pizza, so we went to this place right by the University and got deep dish pizza. Talk about deep dish, oh my gosh! It was pretty yummy though. We got wheat crust to try and make it a little more healthy!:) I have to say the Chicago-ians do know how to whip up some yummy, gut busting pizza!

4 comments:

angie said...

what a great trip!! i love seeing pictures of you guys...you guys are the perfect aunt and uncle

The Razon's said...

YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

I'm a sucker for cute pictures and touristee descriptions, but I'm pretty sure I'm moving to Chicago after reading this post. Seriously. Looks like you guys had a great time! I kind of want to be adopted into your family. You and your husband always are doing such fun things. So cute.

Chris said...

I was wondering what you did while you weren't cleaning teeth...