4.17.2010

Tortola and then off to the Baths

Our next port was Tortola, which was a place known for it pirates back in the day. We decided to take a boat over to another island called Virgin Gorda to see The Baths. The boat ride took us a little over an hour to get there. It was so beautiful and fun to be on a boat.
When you get there you can hike through caves to get over to another beach which is what we did. The caves were very cool, with tons of rocks. We went over and swam for awhile over there and then we decided to head back over to the other beach. Well on our way over Alec saw some people jumping off rocks, so yep, he needed to go jump those rocks too. He got all excited like a little kid and was running over to the rock when Bam, he slammed it toe into a rock, and when I say slammed, I mean SLAMMED! Ok, so I don't know how someone breaks there pinkie toe, but leave it to Alec in 2010 to do so. His foot was totally bleeding and turning black and blue so obviously we bypassed the rock jumping and went on our way through the caves. Because I had a injured husband, I decided I would carry the pack and he went in front of me to get out before it got to crowded. Well, I lost track of him in the caves, but I "knew" he would be waiting for me at the end. Well, I come to the end, and low and behold he is not there.... PANIC. I am thinking of everything that could have happened it him, like he could have fallen off of one of the boulders and was unconscious, ya know any pretty ilogical, and that is what had to happen. So I then go back into the caves and start yelling his name, pushing people over to find him. I could not find him, so I went back out, still not there, so I went back into the caves, more scarred and started yelling his name again. Some guy was like is it your son that is lost, I was like no, my husband, he was like ok (with a look like you are a psycho). Well, again he was not there. I really started to panic now and in tears went up to some people we knew and told them I had lost Alec and he was hurt and I think he might have slipped on the rocks and fallen. They were like ok, he is fine. They waited out in front of the cave while I went back in. Again, no Alec. So I decided I would run to the top to see if he had gone all the way to the top without me (even though I was sure he would never have ditched me and gone to the top).... well.... da da da dun..... there was Alec. I cried, got mad at him and then ran to the bottom to tell the people I had found him and he was fine. I felt like a total dork, like the time I called the cops when I thought he was had chocked on pizza.... another dumb story!:) I was glad I had found him and he was fine.
We then headed back to Tortola and shopped around there for a bit. It was so pretty there!







Here is a picture off our balcony. We got upgraded to a balcony, which is totally awesome, but not at the same time, because now I don't think I could go on a cruise without one! It was my saving grace in the morning when I got up at like 6 and Alec wanted to sleep till 7ish.

1 comment:

Colb, Sar and Cici said...

ha hahaha hah... I don't feel bad for Alec and his stupid toe. I feel bad for you Em... So sorry you half to deal with a gimp all the time!!! lol. jk.. but not really.
Wish we would have been there sooo bad.. Those caves sound awesome..