6.21.2010

Ragnar... Team HUGE MISTAKE!:)

This past weekend we did the Ragnar Relay where you run from Logan to Park City, 188 miles with a team of 12 people. We were stoked about our team, but I will be honest I was a bit nervous. When we originally signed up last year we were all stoked and ready to train and all, but training did not happen for some of us. Our team name was Huge Mistake because it seemed like everyone was getting hurt and no one had time to train. Well, the huge mistake ending up being a totally blast!!!! We took off up to Logan on Thurs night as a team. The first van had to start at 5:30 in the morning, so they had to be there at like 4:45ish. So I think we all had a total of about MAYBE 2 to 3 hours of sleep.
We all went and cheered our first runner Blake off at the starting line, then our van, Van 2 went back to the hotel to eat breakfast and get ready. Our first leg started off somewhere behind Ogden.

So I was the first runner out of our van. I had the easiest legs out of everyone, which I was happy about but at the same time next year I am going to change legs and push myself. I was glad I was that runner this time though, because my knee did not make it at all!!



Here is Alec getting ready for his first run. Looks pretty stoked huh!:):)

So the night running was by far my favorite part! It was awesome! The run went by pretty fast too! This was when I realized my knee was not going to make it, it was KILLING me!, so I did more of a walk, run combo. I was so bummed!!!!
Here is Alec getting ready for his 7.7 mile night run. He looks real awake huh!:) I don't think I laughed as hard as were laughing while our runners were running. Everything was so funny, because we were so tired! It was freezing! It was kind of a bummer when the sun started coming up and you realized you had not slept at all that day or night!:)



So after our night run, we headed to Heber to get some sleep and get ready for our final runs. We were so tired here. We tried to get some sleep for a few hours on the cement outside at the school. We had payed $2 bucks to use a flushing toilet.. and yes it was worth it! Then we were ready for our last legs of the day... thank goodness!!:)
Mine was pretty easy and I was SO glad to be done!

Alec was runner 10 which meant he got to run the "Ragnar", which is CRAZY! Basically you run up the back side of Deer Valley! He did AWESOME! I was real impressed!, and glad I was not doing it!:)


After his last run... RELIEF!


Coming into the finish line! We had the best team ever and it ended up not being that big of a mistake!:) Next time we will just train!:)


4 comments:

Jamie said...

Em
I ran the ragnar as well - it is way fun. I am sad I didn't see you there.

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh I had such a blast too!!! I can't believe I did not see you cuz our team started at 5:45 am and I was in van 2. So dang fun huh! I was runner 8. What a rush, I can't wait for next year!

Kari said...

Way to go! I know of a few people that did that. You guys are awesome!

Hailey said...

oh goodness, this made me nervous for the hood to coast. I better really get my butt in gear!!!!! I wish you were running with us, I heard you might have been in. Sounds like your knee is giving you problems though. I am so excited to run though, just need to get training. haha kind of late.....