At the end of September Alec decided he wanted to try an Xterra triathlon. So the night before the race he decided to sign himself up for the "long" race.... yes the night before he did not
even consider maybe doing the "short", nope with no training decides to attempt the longer one (this is a decision that during the race he definitely regretted, his exact words were "if I would have had a knife I would have slit mine own tire").
So we headed up to Snowbasin and got him all set up and then went down to the lake for him to start his mile swim.
It was so beautiful up there!!!! The leaves were incredible.
Swim, Swim, Swim.....:)
Starting the bike
Coming in after the long bike ride
Here he is finishing!! I was proud of the kid, but might have also given him a bit of a hard time for not doing the short!:) (I had a BYU game to get too!) He did an AMAZING job. I would have never made it through the swim in the cold lake let alone the 3000 ft climb on his bike to the resort and the run. He likes the regular triathlons much better I think!
Well, I believe all of our races are over for the year unless Alec finds another one last minute, so now we are doing a whole lot of football watching!
We have gone to a few of the Davis games to watch my little sister cheer away
And of course the BYU football games. They have struggled a bit,... well I guess a lot, but we have still loved to go to the games and cheer on our mighty cougars!
For a side note, I am sitting here listening to Christmas music watching it snow!!! Love it!!!!!:) Happy Holiday season everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment