2.09.2011

Playing in the snow

This past Saturday we decided to go and enjoy the snow.  We headed up to Alta with my dad to try out a new trail.  Down in the valley you would have thought it was spring, but once you got up to the resort is was total winter, and by winter I mean freezing cold winter!!:)  The light was not that great so it was kind of hard to see other tracks or even the trail for that matter.  I think we took a wrong turn somewhere and were just kind of making our way.
Well, if it is not going to be my knee, I guess it is gonna be my hip that has to give (man it stinks getting old:)).  Something about walking with snow shoes is not right for me.  Finally I told them we needed to go back because even at this point I knew that walking for the next few days was going to be a challenge!:)
Stop walking... yes... but turning around to get into our warm car and out of the wind... no.  When you put Alec and my Dad together who knows what you are going to end up doing.  Well, we ended up building a snow cave.  Fun for them, freezing cold for me.  Alec was in this survival mind set and wanted to see if he could build one for all three of us.  Needless to say we were in the cold for about 45 min doing this.  After they were done, they made it so we all had to get in.  They finally coaxed me in after a lot of fit throwing (I hate tight claustrophobic spaces).  We grabbed our picture and got down the hill.
What better way to finish off a good day than to go and get some Happy Sumo and a yummy warm cookie...... I can't think of anything much better!:)





1 comment:

dani said...

haha i love this.
i'm glad you had so much fun in the snow cave :)