8.21.2011

RUSH Tri

Alec and my brother Michael did the Rush Tri up in Rexburg Idaho this weekend.  They did awesome!  Dani and I were so happy that we were not doing it.  The temp read a whopping 48 degrees that morning.  No thanks!:)  They had a lot of fun though and we had fun watching them.








After the Tri was over and we had our yummy Mexican food from Costa Vida, we headed out to Alec's buddies uncles ranch to shoot marshmallows in the river.  Love doing this and love being back in Rexburg.  We had a great time just sitting on the water pipe trying to shoot the marshmallows 
up real high:).

While we were shooting a gust of wind decided to take our gun case into the water.  We all sat and looked at it and wondered how the heck we were going to get it and not get wet.
Well, Mike had a grand idea and started throwing rocks near it to loosen it and try to get it to "ripple" to shore:).  Well, it did and nobody had to get wet!





After shooting marshmallows we headed to Driggs to set up camp.  It is absolutely gorgeous there!  I love love it!  As we were driving to our site we saw the moose just chilling in the water.




The Spud drive-in.  Love it!!


Ok, so after we set up camp and what not, we decided to head back in to Driggs to eat.  Well, we were not super hungry yet, so we decided to show Dani where we used to live.  So we headed to our old cabin in the woods.  While out there we decided to go up and see if we could see Brody (our old puppy that we had in Idaho, but gave her away when we moved to Cali).  Sure enough she was just sitting on the lawn.  Well, after a lot of talking into, Alec and Dani went up to the ladies door to ask if we could see Brody.  So they walk up to the door and I guess Brody saw Alec, looks at him and turns away.  Alec was thinking well I guess he does not remember me (which would make sense since we gave her away like 4 years ago).  All of the sudden Brody bust around the house the other way (goes through her the electric shock from her collar) and goes straight over to Alec and was doing her little Brody happy dance.  She totally remembered him.  So they started walking down the driveway and she came with so I got out and we grabbed some pics with her.  I love this puppy.  Going through my mind the whole time was that I really wanted to steal her back.  I wanted to have her jump in the car.  We gave her to the lady, we should be able to just take her back right.  Bummer, we didn't, but I sure wanted to.  I looked at her awesome set up she has though and thought she definitely has it better where she is now!:)  Oh yeah, the lady was not home, but I was totally afraid she was going to come home and get mad we were on her property:).


Before leaving we grabbed breakfast at the best place ever.  If you are ever going through Victor, ID, stop at Sun Dog Cafe.  Yummiest crunchy french toast and hot coco!:)
We then went and walked around and then took off to come home.
 Don't think we didn't stop and grab some of the world famous square ice cream...... because we did and it was awesome!
Love, Love, Love Idaho!!!!!

No comments: