1.23.2012

A week of a few events.... but little to no pictures:)

Well, we are finally getting some snow.  My gosh it has been a crazy winter.  I love watching the snow fall from the window of my house while wrapped up in a blanket..... don't love watching the snow fall when I have to drive in it.  I have Thurs and Friday off this week so Alec and I are hoping to get a good powder day in.  We are headed to Jackson Hole next week where I think they have been getting some good snow.  Hope it continues!
( Our sweet beard hats we got from our friends gallery in Park City from all the swag from Sundace:), they are our 'we hope for some good snow to ski hats':))

An orthodontist whom we refer patients to at our office gave the office 4 tickets to the Jazz game against the Clippers.  So my co-worker Sara and I went with our boys.  It was really fun.  The game was a total blowout, but it was a fun blowout.  We were on the 17th row so we had some awesome tickets!  So this year I was pretty sure I was switching over and becoming a Sacramento Kings basketball fan.... y'all know why too right????  Yes Jimmer... and I love me some Jimmer time.  Well, we started watching the Kings at the beginning of the season and really tried to cheer for them, but honestly I hate all the other players besides Jimmer.  Cousins is by far my LEAST favorite.  So that kind of turned me off to cheering for the entire Sacramento Kings team, now I just hope Jimmer rocks it and kicks everybody else's booties!:)  So I guess I am still a Jazz fan, but when Jimmer is playing I will cheer for him #1:).


So you will never guess where we went to eat this week..... yep Moochies.  I kind of forced my parents into meeting us there so that I could get Alec to go too:).  My planned worked and we had a great time and all involved loved there sandwiches:).

So our good friends Colby and Sara own an art gallery up in Park City.  Well, you all know that it is Sundance week up there.  Well, I guess the galleries all rent there spaces out for the week to vendors.  Well, his vendor gave him passes to an exclusive party, so we were lucky enough to be invited to go with them.  It was really fun.  We hung out at his gallery for a little while and then headed to Deer Valley for the party.  There was yummy food, free massages, and just some fun hang out time.  I have to say I totally wore the wrong shoes.  Not thinking it would be a huge deal I wore my high heel black boots.  My feet have never felt so sore in my entire life.  It was the kind of relief you get when taking off your ski boots at the end of the day when I finally got to take them off!  So the pictures we got kind of stink.  
Side Note:  So I love the fact that you can take pictures with your ipones and therefore we never have to bring our regular camera around with us, but I will say the cameras definitely have room to improve.  The night shots are not so great and it does not have the stabilizer on it.  Other than that, I love everything about not having to bring my regular camera around:)
This was just a picture from Colby's gallery before we went to the party.
 They had an O2 bar there.  Not sure if I quite understand the hype.  Not my kind of thing.  Here is a picture of our friends trying it out though.


It was a fun party though.  Didn't end up seeing anybody famous, but it was still really fun.  
The rest of the week was just spent playing with our puppy, having dinner with our good friends from our ward and playing games.  It was a good little week in Jan.  Hope you all had a good week too!

No comments: