First I would like to introduce you to Mufungo.... This is this restaurant that we went to. Ash and I both really liked it so we "encouraged" others to go their most nights. We liked their rice and beans, and on the last night we actually ventured out and ordered chicken and papas puree (mashed potato's). It was pretty good.

This was the first night we went. Everyone else besides Ash and I ordered these Mufungo things with plantains mashed and made into a bowl shape with chicken and stuff inside. They all liked it.

It was a real hatched roof. It poured real hard two of the nights we came here for dinner and the roof did not leak any water. I was pretty impressed!:)

The last day we went to the Haitian city center instead of going out to a batey. Their were SO many people that came. We had to turn away so many and many were very upset, we were apparently selfish Americans at that point or so we were told, but we could only see so many of them. I felt so bad turning them away, but the meds were out at it was late and we were all spent. This teeter-totter was at the center. It was a blast. At the end of the day we were playing on it and it started raining and their was the prettiest rainbow!

My first extraction. Dr. Anderson let me do an extraction (with his helpful hand and watch) at the end of the day. I thought it was way cool. Maybe I should become a dentist:):).

This was the action shot of me pulling my second tooth out. Do you see him showing me how to do it. He was such an awesome guy to work with, he taught me a ton. I only wish that he lived in the Bay area so I could work for him!

This was one of our last patients of the day. This poor kid could hardly eat. I numbed him up for the uppers to start and then the doctor was going to see how much more this little guy could take. He took out all the uppers and then the mom wanted more out, the Dr. tried, but the little kid just bit down and would not let go so he had to stop. We were thinking this was probably baby bottle decay. The doctor was saying the mom probably put him to bed with apple juice or milk when he was a baby. How sad is that!!

This little guy was three. He teeth looked like the kids in the picture above, not quite as bad though. He was so scarred!!!:) We started playing hand games with him and he eased up a bit for us.

Here is is, still pretty unsure of what was going on. He was a total trooper though and the doctor was able to extract quit a few teeth. In all the doctor extracted 55+ teeth and filled 12+ just in that day alone. On the other days he did close to that and so did the other two dentist. It was pretty crazy!

This baby was so beautiful. She had beautiful blue eyes that we could not get enough of. She is so cute!

This was Alec's buddy. When this little boy and his family were leaving he found Alec and ran up to him and jumped in his arms and gave him a huge hug. What a cute little guy.

Ash was putting a fluoride varnish on the kids whose teeth were not "too" bad. She was a stud. She said that what this taught her is that she does not want to do anything dental related for a career. :):)

Alec, just being Alec:)
1 comment:
Hey Emily! how are you? Please do add us to your blog cause I'm adding you to ours. What is this trip you went on? Did all your family go with you? It looks like so much fun! Did you just recently go? How is CA treating you?
Post a Comment