11.18.2008

Punta Cana/ Santo Domingo Temple

Since we ran out of medications we had Friday as a free day. We decided to head over to the beach and have a relaxing day. We went to an all-inclusive resort and spent the day their. It was awesome!!!! After we left we took the taxi back to Santo Domingo and went to the temple. The taxi ride was one that I don't ever have to do again. Because we were traveling at night we had to take another road, because the other one was not "safe". I don't know if the one we were on was "safe" either. I just could not watch anymore. After we almost ran into a few motorcycles and almost had a few head on's, I just put my head down and prayed we were going to make it!!
The Santo Domingo temple. We stayed their the night before we left. We stayed in the temple "hotel" just below the MTC on the 4th floor. It was nice to have a nice warm shower again!!!

The crew at the resort.
Alec decided to pour a freezing drink down my shirt. Good thing I could just jump in the ocean and get washed off!
The drinks were really yummy here. We tried all the kinds. The people kept looking at us crazy when we would ask for a non-alcoholic drink. Oh well!:)
Eric and Alec enjoying the sun.

Ash got her hair braided. She tried to give the lady 3 pesos, as you might guess that did not work. She ended up giving her 1 dollar.

Riding the motorcycle the last day. He took me from Iberia (like a walmart) to our hotel. It was so fun. I was planning my jump off if he did not turn into our hotel.:)
At the hotel we used a catamaran. It was so fun!!! Dr. Anderson rode out by us with his kayak and taught us how to do it. We got stuck a few times, but it was cool. We saw some cool sting rays.
Do gymnastics on the beach!
Just hanging out at the beach. We were excited for a relaxing day after a really long week of work!

3 comments:

eryn said...

You guys always have so much fun! Love the pics. I'm so glad you made it home safely. Miss you.

Kari said...

I love all of your pics - what a neat experience - you seem to find good times - all the time!

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a serious adventure!! I love that you posted so many great photos. Thanks for sharing!