3.09.2009

Love, Hate relationship with daylight savings!!!



The Hate......I really love everything about spring...... except day light savings. I am so tired today and really I don't know why. I was talking to a patient of mine about it today and we were laughing how day light savings makes people act like they have jet lag from flying half way across the world or something. Really does an hour really matter that much?? No it really doesn't, but I am super tired today!!!
So I have decided that I am going to wake up in the morning and exercise, whether that be before work, or on the days I don't work, wake up by at least 7 and get the darn exercising out of the way!! So I started today, what a day to start huh!!! So Alec and I have decided to do a program called P90X (talk about killer!), and today was the video called "chest and back". You have to do a ton of push-ups which for me are a complete death trap. They are hard enough for me to do anyways (yes I do them on my knees), but put them at 6 in the morning and talk about impossible!!!!! Alec and I just kept looking at each other, like really, are we really doing this. I know that many of you are avid worker-outers that really have no problem getting up at the butt-crack (sorry language:)), of dawn, but I am just not that lucky. Getting up and working out for me is complete torture, really, but I am determined to do it. So I have decided that in order to make myself do it, I have to answer to someone, or something. So every Saturday I am going to post how my week went and if I did what I planned on doing and why not if I didn't. I know many won't want to read a work out log, but this will at least make me feel like I have to answer to someone and it will end up in my blog book at the end of the year with the rest of my post and so that will make me want to do it so I don't look bad in my own book:):). I would love to hear anyone suggestions and tips on how they do it and what is fun for them. So I am also all about rewards, so I have decided that if I work out as planned every week during the month I get to reward myself. So the reward I have decided I am going to do..... get a children's book or Disney movie.... I know weird for some of you out there, but I absolutely LOVE children's books and I like Disney-pixar movies probably more than my nieces!!! This is also something that Alec thinks I am crazy when I want to buy, well, since we don't have kids and all, so I never get them. So that will be my reward, weird to some, but I am excited!!!
The Love..... So what I love about daylight savings is that it is still light at 7. I LOVE that!!! It makes me even more excited about summer to come!!! I was talking to my family on Sunday night and could not believe it was still light when we were talking at like 7, 7:30, AWESOME!!!
So there you are, the reason I love and hate daylight savings. I guess all in all though I really don't mind it, it makes me think summer is coming soon!!!

3 comments:

eryn said...

That bike ride looks like so much fun! You guys are such beach people! Miss you! Oh, and I'll be checking the blog to see how the work out is going. Can you please harass Alec to burn a copy of the P90X for me?

The Caldwells said...

i LOVE the reward idea - i too adore children's books and Disney movies

Derek and Ang said...

Im right there with you-waking up early to exercise is torture! I love how many fun things you and Alec go out and do. So fun!