On Sat. my sister Ashley told me that she was going to the festival of colors in Spanish Fork. I had heard of it before and thought it sounded fun, but was not sure Alec would want to. Well, who was I kidding, I knew Alec would be up for going and throwing chalk at each other and people you don't know.... and yes he was!:) So we headed up to Provo on Sat for the 4:00 one. We tried our very best to get others to join, but people were just not that thrilled with the idea of going and throwing chalk at each other... ah well!:)
We got there and parked at the fair grounds and walked, and walked, and walked till we FINALLY got to the festival. Ok so first problem, I wore some new flip flops that Alec claims are the best things since Su Hong(a Chinese restaurant in Menlo Park), so I being a trusting person believed him. Well, I learned my lesson on that one. Don't wear new flip flops on a 4 mile walk if they are not broken in! I have major blisters that I am sure hoping are gone by this weekend!!!!
Next lesson we learned on our chalk throwing experience is that you should ALWAYS go to the bathroom before heading to a public function such as this. So as we were on our quest to get to the festival, I realized my bladder was about to explode. I am not one for public bathrooms, as a matter of fact, I have been known to hold it an entire day... (just ask my mom as I would come home from school and be sitting on her front porch digging the doorbell, because I literally could not walk one more foot with out making a giant mess!!), but this was what we like to call a major emergency and so I waited, and yes waited some more in the line for the porta potty. I have one word for that experience YUCK!!!:)
The next lesson we learned, throwing chalk at each other and people you don't know is pretty much one of the best things you could do on a Saturday! It was really fun, we were really dirty but it was well worth it!
After the festival we headed to the West's to hang out. We went and got some yummy pizza and then just relaxed. We decided to spend the night over there (well I guess I just fell asleep and Alec felt it was easier just to sleep there than try to wake me up and get me moving again). We went to church with them Sunday morning. I have to say, it was kind of nice to go to a ward where the average age was not 65.
After church we headed up to AF canyon. It was so pretty, but FREEZING!!
After hanging out for a bit at the canyon, Alec and I headed to Provo to go to Eric's for dinner. We first went to see the smashers. We just picked her up at her apt and then headed to the park. It was fun to go and swing.... you forget how fun it is to swing when you don't do it everyday at school!:) We hung out there for a bit and then we headed to Erics and had Ash come with us.
Yup, that's right, kissin' on the swings:)
After dinner we all went to the park. It was great fun! It was so fun to hang out with family and be outside! I am so excited for Spring!!! I have big time spring fever!

3 days and counting till we head to the Caribbean, Wahoo!:)
1 comment:
wish we could have cruised with you! hope you had fun!!! The festival of colors looked like a blast we are totally down for next year!!!!
Post a Comment