3.07.2010

Five for Friday (On Sunday for two weeks!):)

1. We are going cruising!!!! We are super excited. The first week of April we are headed to Puerto Rico and going on Cruise to the Southern Caribbean! We have been wanting to go on a tropical trip since we were married, 5 years ago, so we finally decided it was time to do it!

2. GO BYU!!! This past Wed. we went to the BYU vs. Utah basketball game. I was embarrassed for Utah. We started to hope that they could make a point at the end of the game. It was really fun though! After the game we were walking out and some guys had a shirt on that said "Max Hall hates me" so I went up and got a picture with them.... they did not seem super excited to be talking to a BYU fan. I have to say, I still love Max Hall! During the game some guy behind us was calling BYU a bunch of babies because they "fall down when they get slapped"..... really, I don't know if ya'all saw that, but I am afraid for his family if he calls that a slap if you know what I mean. Most of the game I was trying to be just a good BYU fan and not to annoying, but when I heard dumb stuff like that... I wanted to be as annoying as possible!



3. City Creek. Last Sunday after church, Alec and I decided to go on a walk up City Creek. We keep hearing about it, but had not yet been up there. It was great! I am excited to go up there in the Spring when it is all green and stuff!



4. Snowshoeing. So last Friday, I went snowshoeing with my dad. Since Alec broke his back we have been kind of stuck inside. So last Friday, I kind of ditched the boy and headed up to Snowbasin and went snowshoeing with my dad. It was beautiful. We are excited to go mountain biking there in the summer. I just love how in Utah you don't have to go very far at all to get up in the mountains and have endless activities.


5. Living downtown. Well, Alec and I have just been loving living downtown. I told him that I am going to have a real hard time leaving when we decide to get into a bigger place. It is just so fun to be so close. I just got a trax pass and have loved the freedom of it, and the fact I don't have to take my car with me... which means I don't have to parallel park (or try to, I don't think i have ever succeeded except on the drivers ed test). We are excited for the summer and the free concerts just right down the street.

5 comments:

Jake & Alex said...

We are going to Puerto Rico the first week in April too! Except not on a cruise. Maybe we'll see ya there!

Nicole and Andy said...

What a blast to live downtown SLC. Thanks for the updates Emily!

Kiersten said...

We love living in Salt Lake, too. It's so fun. And we were at that game also, except now that Jared is going to the U, we were sitting in the MUSS section or whatever the heck it's called. I got more than a few dirty looks for singing the cougar fight song at half time. Oh, and I saw the Max Hall inspired shirts, too. The one I saw said something like "graduating classless '09 and proud of it, or something like that." I think it's funny that their whole identity seems to revolve around Max's comments!

The Caldwells said...

remember when you invited us to go on a cruise with you? and then you didn't tell us when? rude! haha, no i'm really excited for you - jealous, but excited!

eryn said...

You're going to have so much fun on the cruise! Jealousy is creeping in. Can't wait to see you!